Sunday 10 February 2013

The old school Powell River Climbing

As I said in my last post, there are indeed resources available online. Some of them are not so up to date, but some may still find them very useful.

http://www.coastalbc.com/climb/st01a.htm  - The original PR climbing page. I think this is the first thing I ever came across when I was a young grom drooling over some Aaron Black photos I saw in a Mamut gear catalogue that featured breath taking photos of the valley. I never knew the valley existed, and had to do a double take when I read the photo caption "Powell River". I even asked my dad if there was another Powell River somewhere, in the states maybe, but he didn't think so. I remember my heart speeding up and immediately going to my computer to Google this mythical valley. This is what came up then, and is still what comes up now. One important yet very regrettable edit to point out however is  that the contact information listed on this page is no longer available, as Colin tragically passed away in the summer of 2011. This site serves as a reminder of some of what Colin and crew accomplished in the early years. Colin was the driving force behind the development of the area, and was respected and loved by everyone. His passion and efforts, his beaming personality and humble persona will never be forgotten. I hope this blog can be a continuation of the torch Colin has passed on - ignited by the fire he had for climbing and developing the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment