Sunday 10 February 2013

Project in the Buttress Boulders - Eldred Valley

Matt styling it
I'm happy to report that last season I realized I actually had established more problems than I had projects, which isn't to say there still aren't a ton of projects yet to be sent - in fact every time I go exploring I find new potential lines. Here is a beauty line that Matt showed me right next to the V4 he established and FA'd that day: "Smokin beers". 


There is literally a pit of death underneath this project, which we partially covered with small fallen trees, but you better make sure you have a pad covering them and have some one spot you on the first move.  
We originally thought this would be super hard, but after sessioning it together, moss and all, we figured out the lower moves. Though it's still definitely stiff (heart-breaking top out crux), I feel that it will go down for sure after some work.  
Learning the sequence
First full attempt - shut down on the top out


No comments:

Post a Comment